Toshiba DVD player...toast?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Scott McVicker, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Scott McVicker

Question: I was watching 24:Season five last night and the disc was a bit scratched...nothing unusual though. About an hour in my DVD player (Toshiba SD2200)just turned off. I was stunned. I waited a few minutes and then turned it on using the manual power button on the face. It powered up, but then stalled when it was unable to find either of the two discs inside. It would just flash "loading" Has anyone ever had this problem before?

Muchas gracias

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Scott, try unplugging the machine and then replugging it and then turning it on. One of my players seemed to "freeze" last week, and that's what I did. The thing works just fine now.

3. Tim Hoover

Tim Hoover Screenwriter

I second Jack's suggestion. Consult your manual for instructions on resetting the unit...

4. Brian D H

Brian D H Second Unit

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I have a similar problem with my Toshiba 3755.

When I load a DVD it will freeze (usually while trying to find the main menu), if I wait for it to get moving again it will stop after about 2 minutes and put me back to the player's start-up screen. Pushing play only repeats the above scenario.

If I eject the disk, turn the machine off and on, etc. I can usually get it to play, but then it just skips ahead randomly (usually skipping over a few frames at a time every 6 or 10 seconds).

I'll try unplugging it like was suggested above. Any other ideas?

BTW - Music CDs still play fine.

5. RickRO

RickRO Stunt Coordinator

Must be a DVD player conspiracy. My PC's DVD drive just went belly up too. [​IMG] Maybe it's a Toshiba as well.[​IMG]

Bummer

6. Scott McVicker

I was unable to find any way to do a hard reset, but I did uplug it for a half hour and plug it back in. No dice. It can't seem to find any disc. It just sits there and flashes "Loading" I just want to slap it. At this point it is time to start looking for something newer. Any recommendations? My TV doesn't have a DVI input so I don't think I will be able to use anything upconverting.

thanks for your suggestions