Toshiba DST3000 set top HD box having problems manually changing transponders on DTV

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by MikeLi, Jul 10, 2004.

1. MikeLi

MikeLi Supporting Actor

Any one else with directv having problems manually changing transponders on a given satellite? Ocassionally I will get a channel that starts pixelizing and I check the strength meter and fine it at about 25 which is not good. I then go and look and find its say on transponder 10, and I change it to one that gets me back up into the 90s strength meter wise. As soon as I back out of the change screen and back to the program channel it changes back to where it was at. Never had this happen before used to save the best transponder you chose. I wonder if they locked it up on the last software upgrade or what. This is the first problem I have ever had with this unit. It has been very good to me for the last 4 years or so. Thanks.

2. MarkStash

MarkStash Stunt Coordinator

I have boxes on three of my TVs (two Tivo DVRs). When I added the second Tivo to my big-screen, I had the exact same problem. I talked with customer service and after quite a while, we got it to "take" on a decent signal. When I unplugged the box a week later, I had the same problem when I reconnected the box. I tried everything, but it never would stay on a strong transponder. Finally, I went outside to my switch and checked connections and slightly adjusted the dish. That solved the problem immediately. My assumption was it was hardware related, outside...... hope this helps.

Mark

3. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    You can't pick the strongest transponder. Groups of channels are assigned to each transponder. When you change channels, you are automatically changing transponders. Here's a list of channels/transponders for DirecTV at 101. It's a few months old and they have re-arranged a lot of the locals from CONUS beams to spot beams at 119. Most other channels should still be the same.

-Robert