1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Toshiba DST 3000

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by mndavenport, Feb 1, 2001.

1. mndavenport

mndavenport Auditioning

Just got mine installed last night, bought it from onecall. Excellent unit. I like the interface very much. The two HDTV Directv channels are very good, the loop on 199 utterly spectacular in parts, almost 3D in its effect. No over the air yet, still experimenting with indoor antennas (Silver Sensor does not work). Wife won't allow outdoor and there is a hill just in front of my house so I don't have line of sight to Mt. Wilson. I have a Stealthtnenna that I'll try today, then I'll try the Rat Shack bow-tie, and if those don't work I'll probably give up.

2. Eric John

Eric John Auditioning

What did you get with your purchase from OneCall? I contacted American Satellite (needadish.com) about HD set top boxes and they said they have a few handfulls of the DST3000's in, ready to ship. Its not on their website though yet. They said if I was a new customer, I could get the Plus dish and the box for 899.99 which is the same as one call's price for the box alone, right? Or just the receiver for 899.99 with free shipping I think.
    Just wondering if they had any deals?
    EJ

3. mndavenport

mndavenport Auditioning

Just the box, $899 plus free shipping, no tax. I already had the dish.

4. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

I noticed that www.wholesaleconnection.com is selling the DST 3000 for $799 plus shipping (which appears to be a $15 cost). Does anyone have any experience with this company, or getting Onecall to match with them? Onecall will generally only match prices from "authorized" dealers.
    With the current Toshiba $200 rebate, I may consider this unit for a $615 final cost.

5. Daryl L

Daryl L Supporting Actor

Actually I am a member of Shoppers Advantage(sister co. to Netmarket) which lists the DST3000 and Panny TU-HDS20 for $799 + free shipping in their Janurary catalog(not available yet though). I called OneCall to see if they would price match them and was told they aren't price matching this item right now. They have good reason not too, all their shipments are being preordered before they arive, no need to price match.
    So I called Suttertel.com about availability of the DST3000 yesterday afteroon. They weren't sure, asked what price I had seen it for as a starting point, I told him $799 + free shipping in Shoppers Advatage catalog. The guy got my number and said let him contact their distribution warehouse and check. 15 minutes later he called saying none were available at the moment, wasn't sure when they would be. He called back 1 hour later saying the warehouse manager called saying a few were available just wasn't showing up in that database. He sold me the DST3000 $799 with the dish + free shipping(ships Monday). I wasn't gonna get the dish but he said it comes with the STB but could have it remove but for the same price so I took it(I may go DirectTV some day [​IMG] ).
    So the DST3000 with Dish for $799 - $200(rebate for my TN50X81) = $599! Not a bad deal. [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Jeff R.

Jeff R. Stunt Coordinator

My local home theater shop just down the road has the DST-3000 alone for $799. I'll probably pick one up in the next couple weeks.

7. Jeff_N

Jeff_N Agent

Here's just a little information about the pricing of the receiver+dish compared to just the receiver (and some rebates).
    The reason that the dish+receive unit can cost less than the receiver alone is that the retailers get around a $300 kickback for selling the dish+receiver. The receiver alone is only around $100. This is because with a new dish purchase, they are assuming that they are getting a new customer, and therefore are willing to take less money for a new monthly subscriber.
    As for the $200 rebate... What a ripoff. You have to buy 12 months of their premium service for $50/month. Now, maybe you want the extra channels, but just realize that you are stuck paying the $50 a month for a year. Perasonally, I have eventually cancelled every upgrade package I added to my basic dish service.
    Cheers! [​IMG]

8. Sean Tran

Sean Tran Auditioning

Hello Jeff,
    I live in Portland Oregon and I'm wondering which local store are you talking about.
    Thanks,
    Sean

9. Jeff R.

Jeff R. Stunt Coordinator

Jeff_N,

10. Sean Tran

Sean Tran Auditioning