Toshiba DLP Picture not Centered

Discussion in 'Displays' started by SteveBjr, Oct 6, 2005.

1. SteveBjr

SteveBjr Stunt Coordinator

Hello,

I recently bought a Toshiba 52hm95 DLP TV and have noticed that the picture on the TV is not centered properly. The bottom of the screen is cut off and a black bar runs across the top of the screen even when watching something in full screen. It's like the image is shifted downward.

I've tried every input and have tried DVDs in every stretch mode and it's always there. I've tried my xbox, gamecube, vcr, dvd, HDTV, and cable but no matter what i can't get that black bar off the top and the bottom part of the screen is cut off. Am i missing something?

Thanks,
    Steve

2. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings

There might be HPOS and VPOS controls in the service menu for centering the image.

regards

3. SteveBjr

SteveBjr Stunt Coordinator

Hey Michael,

Yes there are VPOS & HPOS controls, i'm assuming vertical & horizontal position?

After writing down the initial value of the vpos i started moving it around, i can get the screen to shift up somewhat but it still leaves a small black bar at the top of the screen in every input.

There is someone coming out to service the TV on Monday, if i'm not happy with it i think i'll just get it exchanged.

Thanks,

4. Craig Aguiar

Craig Aguiar Stunt Coordinator

I have a Samsung DLP and i had a repair done on it. When the tech put it back together I had the same problem but at the sides. It turns out the projector assembly was out of alignment (a tab A slot B thing) so he came back and screwed it in all the way and that fixed the problem. Maybe during assembly someone buggered this up on your tv as well.

Craig