What's new

Toshiba DLP Picture not Centered (1 Viewer)

SteveBjr

Stunt Coordinator
Hello,

I recently bought a Toshiba 52hm95 DLP TV and have noticed that the picture on the TV is not centered properly. The bottom of the screen is cut off and a black bar runs across the top of the screen even when watching something in full screen. It's like the image is shifted downward.

I've tried every input and have tried DVDs in every stretch mode and it's always there. I've tried my xbox, gamecube, vcr, dvd, HDTV, and cable but no matter what i can't get that black bar off the top and the bottom part of the screen is cut off. Am i missing something?

Thanks,
Steve

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

There might be HPOS and VPOS controls in the service menu for centering the image.

regards

SteveBjr

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Michael,

Yes there are VPOS & HPOS controls, i'm assuming vertical & horizontal position?

After writing down the initial value of the vpos i started moving it around, i can get the screen to shift up somewhat but it still leaves a small black bar at the top of the screen in every input.

There is someone coming out to service the TV on Monday, if i'm not happy with it i think i'll just get it exchanged.

Thanks,

Craig Aguiar

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Samsung DLP and i had a repair done on it. When the tech put it back together I had the same problem but at the sides. It turns out the projector assembly was out of alignment (a tab A slot B thing) so he came back and screwed it in all the way and that fixed the problem. Maybe during assembly someone buggered this up on your tv as well.

Craig

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks