1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Toshiba DLP: How do I know when the bulb needs to be replaced?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by elMalloc, Oct 5, 2006.

1. elMalloc

elMalloc Supporting Actor

My Toshiba DLP, the past few months, has erratically and more frequently displayed a very pink/fuzzy distorted picture. It will flicker a pink hue for 15 minutes straight, and all image sources will display a very noisy picture (TV, XBOX 360, HD-DVD, etc - HDMI or component, coax, etc!).

Does this mean my bulb needs to be replaced? What is it supposed to look like if hte bulb needs to be replaced?

I've had the set for over 2 years and I'm pretty sure I've gotten a LOT of time on it, probably 4 hours a day on average!

Thanks,
    ELmO

2. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter

The DLP Lamp would start dimming (think really dark even though your Brightness & Contrast control is @ MAX), then eventually 'pop'!

What you're describing does not sound like a Lamp issue, possibly the Tuner PCB. Call Toshiba Customer Service - probably needs servicing.

Phil

3. elMalloc

elMalloc Supporting Actor

Thanks. I hope it's not a lot to fix. If it is, I'm just going to buy a 1080p set...I guess...

Argh.