What's new

Toshiba customer service is outstanding (long) (1 Viewer)

Elliott Willschick

Second Unit
I purchased a Toshiba 40H80 back in December. I noticed that the convergence would also drift, not horribly but it was annoying. I had a local tech come out and he said it was nothing.
Around May the set began turning itself off and the power light would flash. Eventually it began to completely lose the convergence. I called a different tech who replaced two boards. However this did not fix the problem. They ordered a new eprom and I waited three weeks for it. However it never came in.
I was beginning to lose patience so I emailed Toshiba saying that I was extremely disappointed with the set. Two days later I received a call from the regional manager at Toshiba. He said that he wanted the set to be brought in to Toshiba an arranged for it to be picked up. He said it
would take about four days to fix. The day after it was picked up the manager called and said it was fixed. He kept it for a couple of days to test it. Toshiba then had two servicemen deliver it back yesterday. They converged everything, even the 1080i.
I could not be any more pleased with their service. If any Canadians have any difficulty, then email me and I'll give you the name of the manager who helped me. I could not believe that he called me as I am use to having to call and bother people for things like this I am even on the
list for the 2:3 pulldown remote.

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
From my own experiences and those I hear from our American friends, Toshiba Canada's customer service is light years ahead of their US counterpart.
They are very big on customer satisfaction.
------------------
John Golitsis
Next Big Thing Electronics

Elliott Willschick

Second Unit
I forgot to add that I wanted them to repair the vertical lines that some people have been complaining about. The manager told me that it is not possible to repair it because it is a flaw in the line doubler and he was aware that you don't see them when you use a progressive player.
Well after close inspection, they minmized them tremendously. I only noticed the one on the far left of the screen and it is barely noticeable. From the factory, this tv has some flaws but if they took the time to clean them up a bit, they can look great.

Users who are viewing this thread