Toshiba Cinema Series 56MX195 DLP TV - HDTV any good?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Griff Hollywood, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Griff Hollywood

Griff Hollywood Auditioning

Sep 6, 2006
    i am looking for something for my family room... that i can still impress my guest with. I can get this tv 1700 its msrp is 3500.... what do the experts think? and i need some good surround sound speakers...BOSE?

Size 56"
    Resolution 1920 x 1080
    Chip Type
    HDTV Yes
    Aspect Ratio 16:9
    Viewing Angle
    Inputs 2 x RF
    2 x Composite
    2 x SVideo
    2 x Component
    2 x HDMI
    1 x PC(15pin)
    Outputs 1 Fixed Audio Out;1 Video Output
    Tuner NTSC/ATSC-CableCARD
  2. Andrew M

Andrew M Second Unit

Oct 12, 1998
    I've had this set for about a year. My first HD TV. Replaced the bulb early on. Got 2 replacements from Toshiba. I use a cable card from RCN for HDTV broadcasts. Tuned set with several types of tune-up DVDS. I sit about 10 feet away. Great picture. Use the set for HD TV, HD DVD. SD DVD, VHS & LD. Little to complain about.
  3. Jeff_CusBlues

Jeff_CusBlues Supporting Actor

Jun 19, 2004
    I own the 72MX195 which is the 72 inch version of the same set. I've had it about a month and love it. Toshiba must be clearing out these Cinema Series sets. Mine was also a great buy at HH Gregg. They told me they were discounting the 72 inch models and wouldn't be getting any more in. I also adjusted mine with DVD Essentials and it looks great. HD sports broadcasts look amazing and other HD broadcasts look great also. My Comcast cable is only 720p, I am still SD DVD, so I haven't been able to take advantage of its 1080p capability yet.

I huge NO to the BOSE idea. Search under BOSE and you will find out this forum's opinion on BOSE and also get some other recommendations.
  4. elMalloc

elMalloc Supporting Actor

Dec 26, 2001
    I don't know how to respond to people who tell me they've got "kicking" bose in their house. If by that they mean kickin it to curb...