What's new

Toshiba and Dish highdef question (1 Viewer)

Shad R

Supporting Actor
my tv is hi-def ready, and has the DVI input. If I decide to get a hi def Dish sat, will I get the full 1080 by just hooking up the dish? or do I have to buy a converter for it? thanx

HarryS

Grip
If you get one of the available Dish Network HD receivers, you will not need an additional box to view HD channels. However, if you want to view off-air HD channels, you will need a HD tuner, either intergral to the satellite receiver, or TV top style.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
The only two DISH HD boxes now fully supported are:

The 811 with OTA and satellite HD tuners and a DVI-D output, but no recording IEEE FireWire output support. Available now.

The 921 that includes a FireWire output (so you can also do a hard disc dump to an external HD recorder for archiving), and two tuner hard disc recording for simultaneous HD and SD programming. Also includes OTA HD tuner. It should be functional by early 2004.

This is only one of two hard disc HD recorders that will be on the market, currently. The other is an upcoming HD-TIVO for DirecTV.

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks