Toshiba 65NH84 vs. Mits. WS65313

Discussion in 'Displays' started by CaysonE, Mar 2, 2005.

1. CaysonE

CaysonE Extra

Well, I thought I had my RPTV decision settled on the Toshiba 65H84, but I saw a sale flyer today with these 2 tvs on sale for about 300-400 less than the 65H84. I know the Mits is an older model, now discontinued but I can't find much info on the Toshiba NH84 model. Any experience with either of these sets? If the Toshiba is essentially the same thing as the "standard" H84 sets, I'll gladly save the $400 (almost halfway to an HDTivo!) and pick the NH84 up. I haven't seen the Mitsubishi in person, but I have seen a lot of the H84 and liked what I saw. Is there any reason to go with the Mitsubishi over the Toshiba?

2. John S

John S Producer

No real reason. make sure all the features, like inputs and the like are truly equivilent. I'd get the one with the most features / inputs, best de-interlacer, ect..ect..

3. Dave H

Dave H Producer

As far as what's on display at the stores, the Toshibas look better than the Mits. After an ISF calibration, who knows.

One of the HT magazines compared a Toshiba and Mits last year I believe and gave the edge to the Toshiba.

4. CaysonE

CaysonE Extra

Thanks for the replies. I think I'm going to go with the Toshiba. I downloaded the manual for the 65NH84 and noticed there isn't any mention of the 540p upconversion that I know if a feature w/ the regular H84 series sets. Is this mentioned in the normal sets' manuals?