What's new

Toshiba 6200 DVD player glitches (1 Viewer)

Jason Bovberg

Stunt Coordinator
I own the dual-tray Toshiba 6200 DVD player, and occasionally the player freezes up, not letting me do anything--even turn its power off. I'm forced to reset the unit by unplugging it. On the most recent occasions, the player froze while I was trying to play CDs--first the Sheryl Crow DTS "Globe Sessions" disc, and then just a regular ol' CD. A couple weeks ago, after the THX logo on the first "Die Hard" movie, the DVD stopped playing, and the digital readout simply read "Insert Disc." I tried unplugging, but that method didn't even work. But in the morning, all was fine again. Very irritating. I bought the player online. Should I live with these annoyances or try replacing the player through Toshiba? Has anyone else experienced similar problems with this player?

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
No, mine has worked completely glitch-free for many months. You must have a lemon. They should fix it. The only problem - which has a workaround - is that you can't leave it in "blacker than black" mode after using a setup disk. See old threads for this.
------------------
Feline audience members Katie, Susie, Fluffy Pumpkin, and Naughty Tuxedo

D

DAN NEIR

The only glitch I have come across is with the Dogma special ed dvd. It froze twice during the audio commentary. I played the movie at first with no problem then it froze when I immediately played it again for the commentary. Once before the layer switch and once towards the end. From what I hear other people have had a problem with this disc so I don't know if it's the player or the disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.