Toshiba 5970 problems

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Robert D Blev, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Robert D Blev

Robert D Blev Auditioning

Hello,
    I'm new to this forum as well as the hobby. I have been reading all the different areas and have learned a great deal. I finished my modest HT room and bought a Sony rear projection lcd and Yamaha reciever. The salesman talked me into a "up converting" dvd player. I hooked everything up and it all looks and sounds great. My problem is the dvd player will not read some disks. The dvds were all brand new and play in my old sony fine. Is this something normal or did I get a lemon? Thanks in advance for any help.

Robert

2. Keith Plucker

Keith Plucker Screenwriter

Keith Plucker
    Robert,

If the store where you bought your player has the same model set up for demo purposes, you might try bringing some of the DVDs you are having problems with to them and see if they work on the demo machine. If they do, you might have a bad player, if they don't then the player has some design issues.

Good luck and welcome to the forum. [​IMG]

-Keith

3. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

My son and brother both have the Tosh 3960 player, which I believe is the same except for the dvi/hdmi option, and they play ANYTHING thrown into it....
    If you have the option, return for an exchange.

4. Robert D Blev

Robert D Blev Auditioning

I would like to return it to BB but my wife threw out the box by mistake! I'm going to try getting in touch with Toshiba and see if they will do anything for me.