What's new

Toshiba 57HX93 street prices and comments (1 Viewer)

DonM

Agent
My dealer is out of stock on the Toshiba 57HX93. I can get it for $2900 out the door with a 5 year warranty. I was wondering what others are giving for this RPTV on the street. Because of the good reviews it recently got I think the margin for discount shrunk. Is this a good price for the TV? The set seems currently in somewhat short supply.

I have seen several people ask what the difference is between the 57HX83 and the 57HX93. Be advised that the HX93 is NOT just an HX83 with an OTA HD decoder.

DonM

Agent
Nobody even has a comment?

Is there a reason nobody seems to put Mitsubishi in the "best picture" category any longer? Do they make a set in the $3000 range I should consider in addition to this Tosh?
I went to my local Mits dealer and in my opinion you had to go all the way to the Diamond or Platinum series to get the same quality clear resolution as with the Tosh. The one thing they do have is nice cabinets....but you don't watch the cabinets.

John S

Senior HTF Member
$2900 with warranty seems a decent price.

I'm not sure I understand your second question at all.

JohnGonz

Auditioning
The Tosh 57HX93 is currently selling for $2299 at Conns. I was going to buy that, but have decided to get the Mits 55613. It's priced at $2699 at Conns also, but I'm going to try and negotiate the price. Tomorrow (Sat.) I'll make my purchase. Sure hope they have the Mits in stock. I'll check out the Tosh while I'm there.

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
Hmm, Home Theater Forum might be able to get it for you for a lot less than that. The 57H93 was $1682.10 plus shipping about a week and a half ago, and the HX version normally costs HTF viewers about $90-120 more. If you consider shipping may be just a few bucks more than tax would have been, it's a lot less money.

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor

Hi Don!
I figured there was more of a difference than just the OTA HD decoder.
Can you explain the other variances.
I believe the lense is a higher quality than that of the HX83, but what else is different.

Thanks,

Bill Mullin

Stunt Coordinator

Sounds good! I'm interested in the 65HX83 - how do I find the best price (hopefully not one of those highly aggressive NYC dealers)?

Thanks, Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks