What's new

Toshiba 57hx93 screen goes totally black every so often. what is this? (1 Viewer)

Chris Hicks

Stunt Coordinator
when I use any of the video inputs the screen will flash completely black for a second and then go back to normal. what could cause this? the only input in use that I haven't tried is the DVD input.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Sounds normal to me. This is apparently how the unit normally responds to changes in input sources.

Chris Hicks

Stunt Coordinator
I should have said that it does this even while I'm watching shows. I will be sitting here watching a movie and the screen will just go black for a second and repeat every so often.

Rick Faldo

Stunt Coordinator
Chris:

Two things. First, just a thought. I own a older Toshiba and the picture goes black each time I switch channels or input devices...I think most Toshibas do this.

Second: What made you decide to buy the Toshiba 93 instead of the 83 model? I have been tearing my hair out trying to justify the extra money for the 93 over the 83...my main concern being picture quality. Did you test drive both sets before you settled on the 93? I know all the upgrade advantages of the 93 but am curious about the quality of the video component of the 93 over the 83.
Thanks for your input
Rick

Chris Hicks

Stunt Coordinator
one of the main selling points for me was the Firewire as I am getting a new JVC D-VHS for christmas. the internal reciever would have been a bonus but it really didn't work with my cable service.

as far a picture diff. between the 2, I didn't notice anything different but my eyes aren't that great. I need to update my vision prescription soon.

sorry if this doesn't help you much.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks