Toshiba 57HX81 (size does matter)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Daniel_Myles, Jul 3, 2002.

1. Daniel_Myles

Daniel_Myles Agent

This is a wonderful TV, that would be better used in a larger (and darker) room than I currently have. I've done just about everything to get it to fit in my small living room, with little success. The TV works perfectly, never been used in torch mode. The only changes i've made are, Avia calibration, disabling SVM and removal of the glare screen (which can be put back). Asking $2,150obo
    The TV comes with extended warranty for a total of 5 years. Looking to sell locally...Portland area. I'm an active Ebay buyer/seller feedback can be found @ ID [email protected]
    I forgot to mention. I purchased the TV local retail on 03/25/2002. So it's about 4 months old.

2. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

just out of curiosity...how large is your room? thanks.

kevin t

3. Daniel_Myles

Daniel_Myles Agent

Kevin,

My room is about 12'W by 31'L split by a door. The only way I can position the TV is on the wall adjacent to the fireplace. This gives me about a 9' to 10' viewing distance from the TV. It's not horrible, but if you add my huge Bipolar Mirage M3si fronts, Energy C6 rears, audio rack, coffee table and sofa. Well you get the point. To be completely honest, the setup looks and sounds very good the was it is currently. I do think a smaller TV would be easier on the eyes when walking in the room though...

Daniel