Toshiba 57hx81 and 57hx83

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Babek, Mar 11, 2004.

1. Babek

Babek Stunt Coordinator

Hi, i'm a satisfied toshiba 57hx81 customer, and this is the first time I'm revisiting HD televisions since i bought the toshiba 2 years ago.

I'm just wondering what the key differences are between the 57hx81 and the new 57hx83.

thanks

2. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    GReetings

A key one in my book is the very improved 540P upconversion process.

It was not so hot in the 81 with the image degradation that it did ...

Fixed in the 83.

Regards

3. Grady Hollums

Grady Hollums Second Unit

Michael:

I currently own the 50HX81 and I thought that it does not have a 520p choice? Or are you saying that the upconversion from 520p and 720p to 1080i is much better?

Thanks for your help.

(My TV is getting fixed as I type and I am hoping that they can not fix the problem and get me a new one, ha ha. For some reason I was starting to see the scan lines with a really bright white picture, and there were about four really big brighter than the rest on VERY bright white pictures (probably made up of about 3-4 scan lines each) and the big one was going right across the middle of the picture all the way across.)) (If you have any ideas that would be great just in case they try to return the TV and it is not fixed for some reason.

Thanks!

4. Babek

Babek Stunt Coordinator

Can someone tell me what DNR is? According to the manual it is some digital noise reduction for poor signals, which I have for my basic cable. If I enable it, will it have an effect when watching dvd's through component video, becuase if you enable it say on video 1, it stays on 'auto' from video 1 through video 6 inputs.

thanks

5. Grady Hollums

Grady Hollums Second Unit

Hey Babek, I have assumed you are correct on this one and so I have disabled it on mine, besides I never use the TV for sound anyway, because I have it running through my receiver and other speakers.