What's new

Toshiba 57hl83 LCOS RPTV??? (1 Viewer)

David Parrish

Stunt Coordinator
I'm looking for info on this one. I've found it online for $4,200 shipped w/ 5 yr warranty.

Does anyone know why Toshiba stopped shipment? And if this deal is for real, what problems might I have if I order the set?

From what I have read this is the absolute perfect TV for my room. I really hope this deal is on the up and up.

For those who are not familiar, this is a three-chip LCOS RPTV. It has true 1080P resolution.

Jason GT

Second Unit
Don't do it.

Toshiba quit on LCoS because it currently is unstable, and their supplier I believe couldn't produce the volume (and quality) of LCoS parts needed. Check out avsforum.com there are (were) a lot of LCoS owners.

IIRC, there are problems with image ghosting or "racetracking" on warm sets. Toshiba quit on LCoS for a reason, and the last thing that I'd want is to be stuck with a $4200 white elephant (keep in mind that parts will be increasingly hard to find).

David Parrish

Stunt Coordinator
I just called the site that had the Toshiba for sale. They don't have it in and it appears they never will.

They said Toshiba never made the 57HL83. Bummer:thumbsdown:

David Parrish

Stunt Coordinator
I'm getting frustrated. The Feb. issue of Home Theater Mag that just hit the stands gave this TV a GLOWING review and a score of 99!!!

Why can't anything in the RPTV world ever fully deliver?:angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks