What's new

Toshiba 57H93 Component Input Question Please (1 Viewer)

Mike Erickson

Auditioning
I just recieved my Tosh 57H93 , I am hooking up my Progressive DVD player with the Component Cables, my Onkyo AV Reciever 701 has component ins and outs. Should I bypass the Onkyo entirely and run the DVD straight to the component in on the Toshiba and just run the audio cables through the Onkyo for sound??
Any input is appreciated.
I have been reading this board for quite some time, this is my first question.

Thanks in advance
Mike

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Mike,

Assuming you're using decent cables, you should see no difference between the two connection methods. Some older model receivers don't have enough bandwidth in their component swithching circuits to handle High Def tv signals, but progressive scan dvd isn't nearly as demanding. If the 701 is a current model it surely has enough bandwidth in it's component switching circuit to handle anything.

Do whatever is going to be most convenient for you in daily use.

If you only have one source that uses component video, you will only need one set of component cables if you go direct from the player to the tv, vs 2 if you go thru the receiver, so if money for cables is tight right now, just go straight to the tv.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks