Toshiba 57H83, thinking about purchasing

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Brian_P., Feb 11, 2004.

1. Brian_P.

Brian_P. Auditioning

Does anyone have any feedback? Positive or negative would be greatly appreciated. The whole shopping process is wearing me out. Thanks again.

Brian

2. Roy Wallace

Roy Wallace Stunt Coordinator

Hey Brian:
    I have had the 57HDX82 for nearly a year now and could not be happier.
    The picture quality is unbelievable, and we have had NO problems what so ever.
    In fact, a friend invited us over to see his new 51" Sony Wega - cannot remember which model- it is one of the super slim jobs, and I brought my trusty S&V setup disc for him. After running through the setup, we played Finding Nemo, and I must say I FAR preferred my Toshiba over his Sony. He even has a progressive scan DVD player and I am only using a basic Sony player.
    The stretch modes on my Tosh are great also. Another pal has a 50" Hitachi and the stretch mode he prefers to use- I think it is called panorama or something- is dreadful!
    The outer 6" of the image visibly accelerates towards the sides as the image stretches. It is just weird.
    I would go nuts in ten min. watching a movie, but that is just me, and I am used to my Tosh.
    I don't think you can go wrong with Toshiba.

Just my $.02
    Regards

Roy

3. John S

John S Producer

I took 2 months to decide, it drove the people around me crazy, as all I had on the brain was HDTV's.

Best of luck with your purchase.

4. Brian_P.

Brian_P. Auditioning

Thanks for the comments.