What's new

Toshiba 57H82 buying used..opinions? (1 Viewer)

jimTesla

Auditioning
Got a nice deal here locally on a used 57h82 it includes one year on a best buy service contract.

I want to upgrade my Hitatchi ultravsion 12 years old...
it takes about an hour to warm up and then its just a waivy line mess......dvd works Ok

I cant afford new prices.....have the room for a rear
projection unit....and this just may fill in quite nice.

my question is will this provide another 10 years of service...will HD work well with this unit?

is there any other users out there with any long term reports on their 57h82's?

I have HD on my 34 toshiba cinema series tv and find the rest of the family is now in my space...very happy with
HD there ..hoping this other set will be also...

thanks

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
i would not consider any technology to be providing 10 years of service, especially from a pre owned display. Technology is changing so fast, it is very hard for me to keep up and I am in the industry.

regards

Gregg

Marc L

Stunt Coordinator
Take this for what it's worth...I have a 57H84 that is a less than a year and a half old...and it just crapped out on me tonight. The picture just gradually got darker and darker. Now, at it's calibrated settings it's virtually unwatchable, I boosted the brightness and contrast up too 100 and that made it watchable for a about thirty minutes...then that got very dark as well.

I just found my original recipt and will be calling for "hopefully" warranty repair in the morning.

supposedly the "tube" is under a 2 year manufacturer warranty.

:angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks