1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Toshiba 56HM195 or 62HM195?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Gregg00SS, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Gregg00SS

Gregg00SS Auditioning

Looking to buy my first DLP big screen as my little 27" CRT is on the fritz. Price is only about $200 between the 2 models, so that really isn't an issue. From what I can tell, they are the exact TV, just different sizes, so I assume it really comes down to what size do I want? Is it possible to get a TV too big? What are the optimal viewing distances for both of them? Any pros/cons for either TV?

2. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter

2-Issues:

- One issue is that some can see the single DLP chip 'rainbow' effects (RBE), ... for the last 5-months, we (family & friends - over 20 have been over during my Friday NITE DVDs) don't see the RBE effects while watching my video calibrated (using Dibital Video Essentials DVD) 1080p 56HM195.

- Second issue is the Lamp reliability which Toshiba addressed. I had no down time since I knew about it and have an eBay back-up Lamp!!! [​IMG] Anyway, you can read my on-going subjective review including the Lamp issues here.

Other than those two issues, ... my SATISFACTION = 100% - since it has been reliable and impresses ALL my friends and family, especially crystal clear detailed HDTV broadcasts and upconverted high quality 480p to 1080i DVD blockbuster movies!!! [​IMG]

Check out my 56HM195 digital pic's, linked below in my signature. NOTE: The digital pic's don't capture all the glorious detailed clarity & subtle color / b&w depths vs. in person.

Read about the Toshiba 62HM195 in the HT Magazine The Great 1080p HDTV Face Off .

Phil
    My Friday NITE DVD tonight is "Secondhand Lions" for a group of friends that missed this funny adventure family movie. [​IMG]