What's new

Toshiba 56H80 turning off periodically (1 Viewer)

chris larralde

Stunt Coordinator
On several occasions I've had my set power down and then start up again (on it's own). When it turns on it defaults from the theaterwide 1 setting to the 4X3 window.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

chris

MichaelG

Second Unit
I have a TW56F80 that used to do that shortly after I bought it. Then a month or so later it was shot. Fortunately this was all within the first 3 months of buying the set and Toshiba sent a new replacement. I hope that it's not the same problem that I had, but I do remember hearing some popping sounds on occasion before it powered itself down the first time.

Keith Carlascio

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keith
My 56H80 and also my old TP61H95 did this for about 3 or 4 months then just stopped. I was told by Toshiba this static caused by the tubes burning off excess phosphorus and it would stop after a couple of months. Much to my disbelief it did staop and everything still works fine.
You can also visit www.hometheaterspot.com . There has been a lot of talk about this in the Toshiba Forum

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks