Toshiba 56H80 turning off periodically

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by chris larralde, Nov 30, 2001.

1. chris larralde

chris larralde Stunt Coordinator

On several occasions I've had my set power down and then start up again (on it's own). When it turns on it defaults from the theaterwide 1 setting to the 4X3 window.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

chris

2. MichaelG

MichaelG Second Unit

I have a TW56F80 that used to do that shortly after I bought it. Then a month or so later it was shot. Fortunately this was all within the first 3 months of buying the set and Toshiba sent a new replacement. I hope that it's not the same problem that I had, but I do remember hearing some popping sounds on occasion before it powered itself down the first time.

3. Keith Carlascio

Keith Carlascio Stunt Coordinator

My 56H80 and also my old TP61H95 did this for about 3 or 4 months then just stopped. I was told by Toshiba this static caused by the tubes burning off excess phosphorus and it would stop after a couple of months. Much to my disbelief it did staop and everything still works fine.
    You can also visit www.hometheaterspot.com . There has been a lot of talk about this in the Toshiba Forum

4. chris larralde

chris larralde Stunt Coordinator

What if I told you that I did the Herman-HTLV tweak.

Chris