Toshiba 55HX70 Convergance problems

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joe Rosiak, Dec 30, 2001.

1. Joe Rosiak

Joe Rosiak Agent

I bought my TV from American TV in Wisconsin, and it takes the Service man minimum of 2 weeks to come out and claim that he converged the TV. After watching TV I notice that the Colors are still off. I found the code to get into the Convergance menu, and notice that the horizontal red grid lines arch up on the very outer right edge and down on the very outer left edge. I have tried converging and can never get these lines straight. The Service man said that it is because of the mirror, but if that was the case, why wouldn't all the colors be doing that?
    Has anybody else had this problem? If so, how can I fix it?
    Also,can someone please explain to me what the different settings are or maybe direct me to a good reference that explains what each setting does?
    I am tired of waitng for the service man.[​IMG]

2. Mike Tondreault

Mike Tondreault Auditioning

I had the same problem with a 61H70 (lesser model, bigger brother) and spent about an hour doing the convergence in service mode of course before I got it looking good. A great site is Keohi.com. This would no be a mirror problem to my knowledge. Make sure you adjust the green gun first, then do the red and blue (again, this can only be done in service mode).

3. Joe Rosiak

Joe Rosiak Agent

Mike,

Thanks for the help. I have been tweaking out the convergance in service mode, but How can I be sure that the spacing is correct? I have been told that it should be equal spacing, but I found a PDF that shows the lines starting in the center as being closer together and then gradually getting further appart. Which is correct? Also, I seem to have more of a green look to the right quarter of the screen and a blue color to the left quarter of the screen. You ever run into this? I will also check out the site you listed.

-Joe