Toshiba 50HX81 For $1899 - Good RPTV? Good Price?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James Edward, Mar 18, 2002.

1. James Edward

James Edward Supporting Actor

I have settled on this model because of its good reputation and size(depth is only 22").

My local P.C. Richard store salesman will sell it to me for $1899 + $44 delivery. This seems like an excellent price.

Does anyone have any problems to report with this set that make it a showstopper, or should I head over after work today? They have a 1 year no-interest deal also expiring today.

Thanks for any input- I guess I'm just looking for last minute encouragement

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Excellent price, it usually goes for 3-400 more!

3. JasonKrol

JasonKrol Supporting Actor

jesus. i paid 2375.00 for my 50H81. And it was on sale. I recently saw that BestBuy actually raised the price of this set from 2499.99 (non sale price when I bought) to 2699.99.

Which doesnt really make sense because the sell the 57H81 for 2799.99 (just $100.00 more for the larger set!!) But I guess more people want the 50 than the 57 because of room availablility etc ( for 100.00 more I probably still wouldnt have gotten the 57 just because it would have been too darn big for my room)

Seems like that is a great price!! Now, is the source trustworthy?

Ohh by the way, i absolutely Love my set!!!!!!!

4. James Edward

James Edward Supporting Actor

Yes Jason, he is trustworthy. I have been dealing with him for several years now, and buy all my appliances, from bbq's to dehumidifiers from him. I guess he feels it is in his best interest to throw me this big bone. And I can't wait to chew on it.

I'm thankful for the feedback- I feel real good about the purchase. Thank you.