1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Toshiba 50HX70..fast action

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by RossB, Nov 16, 2001.

1. RossB

RossB Extra

For my home entertainment system I have a Toshiba 5 disk DVD (the model escapes me), a Harmon Kardon AVR510 and a Toshiba 50HX70 (plus some other stuff naturally). It is about 10 months old and is a great system except...on some DVD's the movement is sometimes distorted. It is almost like being on good drugs in that as a figure moves it kind of leaves a trail...sort of like several frames are showing at once.
    This has occured since it was new, and the dealer exchanged the DVD players (didn't help). I moved to the second color stream inputs which clears it up a bit...but it still happens. Has anyone had a similiar problem, or can anyone suggest what might cause this?

2. Jeff D.

Jeff D. Supporting Actor

I have seen this artifact myself. Would the player happen to be the SD-3205? This was noted only if the TV's DNR control was turned to AUTO. Try turning it OFF. In my case, that eliminated the problem.
    ----
    Jeff
    ------------------
    "They're coming to get you Barbara..."

3. RossB

RossB Extra

yes and yes. I have change the setting and will check it out. thanks for the tip!!