toshiba 50hdx82 "touchfocus error" ???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Gill, Jan 24, 2003.

1. Mike Gill

Mike Gill Auditioning

Came home yesterday, turned on the tv and the convergence was way off. I tried the touch focus and all I get is the message "touchfocus error"

Going onto the 9 pt convergence results in no display of the crosshairs to adjust.

Has anyone seen this and what can I do?

2. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings
    Touch focus error usually occurs when the overscan of the set falls under a certain amount. Usually 3%-4%

If your convergence "collapsed" , then you likely have a greater problem than what touch focus could ever fix.

Repair issue.

Usually increase WID and HIT parameters would restore TF functionality ... but this is not something that you should do.

Repair issue ...

Regards

3. Jason MB

Jason MB Auditioning

I have a Toshiba 50H82 and I had this same problem. I got a tech to come out 3 weeks later to look at it and it took them another week to order parts. Of course the part they said I needed was on backorder so I went back and forth with Toshiba for another 3 or 4 weeks and I finally got a replacement set. Probably not what you wanted to hear but if you got it from a place with an extended warranty I would suggest going through them first to try to get a replacement. If that isn't the case, bug the hell out of Toshiba, if they tell you the part is on backorder and they might take care of you. Good Luck!

4. Mike Gill

Mike Gill Auditioning

Called and they are picking the tv up next tues. I can't stnd it! I've only had the set for a little over a month and have to get it repaired again!