Toshiba 50HDX82 Setup Questions

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by RobSB, Nov 30, 2002.

1. RobSB

RobSB Agent

Hey, just set up my 50HDX82 today, and it's looking great. Watched Spiderman and parts of LOTR, they're excellent. My antenna feed is surprisingly good too. But my satellite seems terrible. Any way to improve that signal?

I went through all the menus. Turned contrast to 35 and brightness to 60, looks good to me. Can I watch a 2.35:1 DVD (LOTR, Harry Potter) with black bars and not worry about burn-in? Set's been on a couple hours now.

Done the 9 point convergence. That helped.

The delivery guys, who also set the thing up, plugged a Monster component cable into my DVD player, but the picture showed up either blue, red, black and white, or otherwise screwed up. They said it was a bad cable, but I'm not sure. Anybody have any ideas?

Anyway, thanks for your help.

Note: Cross-posted on HomeTheaterSpot (Toshiba and RPTV forums) and HomeTheaterForum (Display forum). Hope that isn't taboo, just looking to reach the maximum possible audience.

2. Jan Strnad

Jan Strnad Screenwriter

3. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

I don't put much stock in what delivery people say, and I wouldn't be surprised if they simply didn't connect the component-video cables correctly.