Toshiba 50H82 set-up ???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brent-H, Nov 21, 2002.

1. Brent-H

Brent-H Auditioning

I am planning on buying a Toshiba 50H82 model in the next week or so. I am considering buying it online but I'm concerned about initial set up of the T.V I think this set has a auto focus feature. Is this all I'll need to be up and running or are there other things I'm going to have to do? This is my first RPTV. Please give me some advise!!

2. Adam O

Adam O Stunt Coordinator

In my experience I plug the TV in and the DVD/VCR what have you and then turn on the TV. You can watch the set out of the box!

If you are referring to tweaking the performance of the set, this is more of an ongoing thing as you must first break-in the TV [100hours+ ] before doing any real serious corrections to geometry and convergence.

When you get the set just turn down the contrast/brightness down, way down - near half or less IMO. Also, turn the sharpness down to near 20-35%. Color is pretty much dependent on the set and your personal preference.

Don't make this out to be a big deal - its just a big TV.

Adam

3. Brent-H

Brent-H Auditioning

Thanks for advise. I can't wait for it to be delivered!!

4. Mike Huber

Mike Huber Agent

i just bought this tv from best buy, was a floor model for 1899.00, had a missing wheel, manual, and remote. He wanted to get rid of it so he sold the tv, 4 yeay warranty, monster cable 200 dollar surge protector for the price of 2000, tv came out to be 1,399.00!!!!!!!. When they delivered the tv, there was another missing wheel, and the tv actually had damage to it. I refused the tv, and im not getting a brand new toshiba for the same price. GOD DAMN IM SO HAPPY, this bad boy is coming on wednesday. I made out so good.

5. Tim OK

Tim OK Auditioning

I recently bought a 65H82, and I'm very happy with it.
    The first thing you need to do is get that contrast turned down! It'll be pegged at 100 on all inputs, and the pictures will probably look hideous unless you have your TV in a greenhouse. It's also very hard on the TV.
    Knock it down into the 30's. You'll also probably have to back your sharpness of considerably from the defaults.

6. Gil Jawetz

Gil Jawetz Stunt Coordinator

I've been looking at this line. Are they really good? If I were to buy one would it be the best for my money? Can't afford to make the wrong decision on this one!

7. John_Drake

John_Drake Extra

After months of research on the internet, reading the forums, reading reviews, and browsing the stores for a new HD RPTV I bought the Toshiba 65HDX82. I have had the Toshiba for about a month now and I love it. I swear it looks better every day.