What's new

Toshiba 50H81problem........Please help! (1 Viewer)

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
I've had this tv for roughly 2 weeks now. I just noticed about a day ago, at the top of the screen,there is a dark bar (this is all the way across, and not quite as thick as the black bars from an animorphic movie in 2:35 to 1.)

It is noticably darker than the rest of the screen and i KNOW its not burn in since i am very careful with my contrast settings (i have it at 25 and the brightness at about 55 sometimes 60 depending on the movie. Not to mention most of the movies ive watched so far have been the 1:85 to 1 aspect ratio. even with that i havent had oodles of time to have it on for more than around 3 hours a day. I really dont know if this can be corrected with calibration, or if i should just try exchanging it while i have time. Need advice a.s.a.p ....... thanks.

Massimo N

Stunt Coordinator
Andrew, I haven't hear of this problem before. What I would suggest is that you try and make sure it's the TV and not any of your upstream components or cables.

First, disconnect all cables in the back of your TV, including your cable/satalite. Also, make sure you don't have any cables running underneith your TV, this may be a source of interference. Then plug one input at a time, and see if the problem shows up with that one input in. I would start with your DVD player component connections. Then DVD player with S-VID, then composite. For the purpose of this test, I wouldn't run it through your receiver, as your receiver may be causing the interference.

Try each of your components to try and see if one component or a set of cables is causing the problem.

If the problem still shows up after doing this, I'd contact your dealer to have a technician look at it or get the set excanged.

Cheers!

Mass

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks