What's new

Toshiba 50H81 Died (1 Viewer)

Elliott Willschick

Second Unit
It's nice to hear that it doesn't take too long for these sets to get fixed anymore. My 40H80 died soon after I got it. It was the convergence board as well as another board. I waited 6 weeks. The shop ordered the parts. However I got really impatient and called Toshiba Canada. They picked it up and delivered it back in a few days. The shops at that time were just not equipped to handle the new sets. The only good thing I can say about not having my set for that long was that the sound stage for stereo music increased without the set in between my speakers.

Good luck with your fix.

Meaux

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Meaux
That's great! 2 IC chips? I sure hope mine has the same problem. Reminds me of when I had a SAE 2 R9 reciever, I had it fixed (twice) about once a year at $150 or so, then the repairman told me what IC chip was bad, so I bought 5 of em'. ($6 or $7) Every year I soldered in a new one, I went down to 1 chip left and then she bit the dust. I saved a few bucks anyway. That led me straight to McIntosh.

I'll know what to do after the first estimate.

Thanks...

Meaux

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Meaux
5/19/03

Just got an estimate of $365 from Sears Service, he'll be back in a week or 10 days. The problem is the convergence amp. is blown along with the associated fuses.

We'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks