What's new

Toshiba 50H81 convergence using a grid (1 Viewer)

jeff peterson

Supporting Actor
I just received a convergence grid from The Next Big Thing Electronics in Canada. Some of you may know Johnny G from postings here and on the HT Spot; he's the owner.

A convergence grid is custom made for each RPTV model and is used by taping it to the screen and moving the green convergence lines to match up to the lines on the translucent grid. The red and blue are then converged to the green.

My question: I thought I read awhile ago that you should use service menu settings for width and height to move the green grid. I didn't, I just moved the green lines using normal service menu convergence, not HIT and WID. Have I screwed up? Everything converged OK, but I seem to recall that moving the grids too much using convergence puts an undue strain on the CRT guns.

If I have screwed up, is there an easy fix back to factory convergence? Also, if I need to use WID and HIT, how do I move the grid, since it doesn't appear when I'm at the service menu, but must be selected.

Juan_R

Supporting Actor
Jeff,

If all is fine now then don't sweat it, next time you adjust the geometry though, use HIT and WID first. I would not go back because that would mean even more stress on the digital convergance board.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.