Toshiba 50H72

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by elMalloc, Sep 29, 2002.

1. elMalloc

elMalloc Supporting Actor

I may go for this TVset, it has upconversion but it does squeeze 480p for dvds and games.
    it's 50" 4x3, yes - I need it for games. DVDs will look fine squeezed. The problem is having to give hte set to the parents after I'm done with it in 1-2 years...in that time it may be a lot of widescreen for them.
    -ELmO[​IMG]

2. Bill Slack

Bill Slack Supporting Actor

Why don't you buy something like the Panasonic AE100 (FPTV) which would make it easier to take with you (I assume you're off to college?)

Also, gaming on a widescreen set is fine. A fair amount of games support widescreen, and you can just squeeze ones that don't. It's not perfect, but 99% of the time it looks fine.

I'd rather have optimal viewing for movies and HD than video games. Just food for thought...

3. elMalloc

elMalloc Supporting Actor

I understand taht too..actually I'm in college. The whole point is I'm leaving college soon and my parents may take the set then because it's too heavy to move (costs too much).

The set can do the squeeze (for dvds and games), so it is optimized as much as its 16x9 counterpart which is in permanent squeeze mode, from what I hear...

I would like the ae100 also, but can I get total blackness in my room. How much does it cost to black out a 5x5 foot window? I'm using light blue blinds and light seeps through cuz it's too light...are there any solutions that will still "look" nice and block out all light?

ARgh, I forgot the reason I moved away from LCD projectors...the possible delay in gaming.

-ELmO