What's new

Toshiba 50H72 is out (1 Viewer)

Jason Caudill

Stunt Coordinator
Best Buy will no longer be carrying the Pioneers due to a problem of supply. One of the reasons Pionner had been hesitant to deal with a retail chain is the fact that they just dont make as many sets as some of the other manufactures. Well because Best Buy fines companies that dont meet their supply quota and Pioneers quickly became a very big seller for BB the relationship had to come to an end.

CyrusR

Auditioning
What kind of artifacts would you expect to see in games what are upconverted from 480i?

Julie K

Screenwriter
I've been looking at the 61H71 and it seems to be disappearing. Does anyone know if a new model will be available?

Julie K

Screenwriter
Damn. Thanks for the info though, John. :frowning:
Oh well, the 50h72 will fit a lot better into both the available space and budget.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Same here. I sure wish that I could buy it now...but the second that I have the money saved it, it shall be mine :)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Well I'm in Canada, but I can tell you that the 50H82 is not changing in price from the 50H81. I don't have information on any of the other models yet.
Do you mean the price of the 50H81 right NOW, or when it came out? Coz right now its selling for $3,199. If the H82 is selling for that price AND it doesnt do 520p upconversion, then im one step closer to getting one! :)

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
Nick, $3199 is the Canadian 'street' price for the 50H82.

Phil, new models with a 'D' in the model number will have a DVI input (all the Cinema Series models) including 34HDX82, 50HDX82, 57HDX82 and 65HDX82. Availability on these is August/September and prices are going up a bit from the previous models (about $150 Canadian).

Brajesh Upadhyay

Supporting Actor
No. I believe only Toshiba's upcoming DLP 57" ($4,500+) will do 720p. As is it, there are very few RPTVs available that do 720p.

W

Will

I don't know of any "affordable" RPTV (as opposed to DLP or other display type) that does 720p natively. Will native 720p be in any "affordable" RPTV (not DLP, etc.) coming out later this year or early next year?

Phil L

Supporting Actor
Anybody if the x82 Toshiba will:

1. Fix the ghosting problem some had with the 81s

2. Lock into full mode when fed a progressive signal

3. Will there be a 42 inch model? When will it be out?

4. Are the physical dimensions going to change much from the 81s?

Brajesh Upadhyay

Supporting Actor
Phil, I may be able to answer some of your questions. My info comes from rumors & reading other forums (HT Spot, AVS, etc.)

1. Certainly hope so. I've read Toshiba was able to fix the ghosting problem w/a new chip in the x81 models. So, they should have a handle on this for the new x82 models

2. My Tosh TW40X81 RPTV (two models old) does not lock into full with a 480p signal. Maybe the x81 models do because they upconvert to 540p. Since the new x82 models have native 480p, they'll hopefully behave like the earlier Tosh RPTV models

3. Yes, there will be a 42" model. Availability is sometime between July & Sept.

4. If the 50H72 is any indication, I'd say the physical dimensions are not going to change much for the x81 models either.

Phil L

Supporting Actor
Brajesh,

Thanks for the info. Glad to hear that they've probably fixed the ghosting. I'm in the market to buy a new RPTV soon so the earlier availability of the 50hdx82 might make my decision over the 42 inch model.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks