What's new

TOSHIBA 4900 Very Basic Dumb Question/Irritation! (1 Viewer)

Nick McCarthy

Auditioning
Hi everyone/anyone,

First time posting here.

I got a Toshiba 4900, which out of the box played PAL and all-region beautifully on my Sony set.

One HUGE irritation, though:

When I stop discs in the middle of a movie (which is often...), the machine will remember where I was for about 10 minutes or so, and then go to sleep. Fine. But then it will ALWAYS go back to the menu or top of the title when I press play or turn the power on again! This is really irritating bug with this machine. Is mine unique? Has anyone had this problem?

I'm always stopping movies in the middle (to like, go to bed) and when I wake up I'd like to continue watching them from that place, instead of scanning around until I can find the darned place I left off...

Anyone?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

Supporting Actor
Well you're going to love this...You can hack the player so it will remember where you stopped. Why Toshiba would hide this feature is beyond me.

With NO DISC in your player, go to the eeprom settings by pressing pause,1,4,7,2 in that order, on your remote. Then you will see a screen that has numbers that look something like this:

55 53 00 67 14 55 64 FF

The first two sets of numbers are probably different on your unit. What you have to do is change the number "14 to "16". Using the arrow keys on your remote, press the right arrow button eight times (I believe) to select the "4". Then press the number 6 on your remote to change it to a "6". Once you have done this, turn you player off.

Now you can press play, and your DVD will resume where it last was, when the player shuts off.

Jeff

Nick McCarthy

Auditioning
Jeff, thanks! You're a prince!

You don't know how many countless hours of frustration you've saved me. Just did the hack and it works great.

NM

Users who are viewing this thread