Toshiba 46hx83

Discussion in 'Displays' started by david kennedy, Apr 17, 2004.

1. david kennedy

david kennedy Stunt Coordinator

Anyone own this tv or have knowledge of this tv and what is the differance between this tv and the 46h63. I was looking at getting the Z2 projector but looks like im moving into a condo and may not have the space.

2. Jeremy_Watson

Jeremy_Watson Stunt Coordinator

I also have a question about this subject (assuming David meant to say the 46h83 vs 46hx83). Mainly, what is the difference between these and also the -93 line? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

3. jeff peterson

jeff peterson Supporting Actor

The HX line features better optics and a couple of other features. A search here on the HTF should get you scads of info (as well as checking Toshiba's website )

The -93 series includes a built in HDTV tuner.

4. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

I've got the 46H83 at home and love it, although I would have taken a 46HX83 if the opportunity was there at the time. The HX has better CRTs and a few other things that make it worth the difference in price, in my opinion.

5. Jeremy_Watson

Jeremy_Watson Stunt Coordinator

Thanks guys. I thought there was a significant difference, but when I was at a store this weekend that sells the HX line, I asked if they had any H models I could compare side-by-side. They said the only difference was the anti-glare screen, even when I specifically said I thought the guns were different. Stupid salespeople.