1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Toshiba 42H83 buying question

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Jon Mahoney, Mar 7, 2004.

1. Jon Mahoney

Jon Mahoney Stunt Coordinator

I've read many of the threads here on the Toshiba 42H83 and most seem to really like it outside of the lines problem, which sounds like many have an issue with.

Well I have an opportunity to purchase the 42H83 for $899, brand new. Unfortunatly, it's on a first come first serve basis so I'll probably have to grab it tommorow. It's going to be a gift for my father, who doesn't know too much about TVs, he's seen a lot of HD's and loves them and wants one for baseball, hockey and football especially. He'll get Comcast HD, which I have and love, he's not really into DVDs, yet anyways.

Anyways, are there any major issues with the TV that I should know about, outside of the lines? Since many of these TVs seem to have problems, is it worth it to get the extended warranty? As a rule, I usually avoid these extended warranties. Any help/recommendations would be appreciated, love to hear positive reviews of the TV as well. Thanks.

(I have an HDTV already and am pretty well versed on it, so I'm generally looking for just info on this TV specifically). Thanks a lot for your help.

2. rich_rosell

rich_rosell Auditioning

I'm also looking for feedback on this set, as I am considering purchasing a new one.

And what exactly is the line problem?