What's new

Toshiba 42H82 vs. 42HDX82 (1 Viewer)

Bill Blank

Stunt Coordinator
Hey everyone! My buddy just found out how much he's getting back for taxes and the wife's letting him get his HDTV finally!

He's narrowed it down to either of these two models. The 42h82 can be had for $1499 from Sears, the 42HDX82 for $1899 from Tweeter.

Looking at the detailed specs there's not much difference. The HDX has a DVI input but who knows if that will become the standard. I'm not familiar with all of Toshiba's features (TruView, PowerFocus, etc) as I own a Mitsu.

Has anyone else out there compared these two sets? If so, which one did you decide on and why?

Thanks,
Bill

Joey B

Stunt Coordinator
In my opinion, go with the HDX if you can. The picture to me seems better and the look of the set is much nicer (the chome front plate is sharp). The components used in the HDX series are Toshiba's "top of the line." Also, chances are DVI will become the standard, so it might be worth considering. I've seen the 42hdx82 for $1599 here in Portland, and the 50hdx42 for $1899. So you might consider shopping around a bit more. I don't know what it's like in Philly but it's at least worth looking into.

Hope that helps a little,

Joey

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
This is coming up a lot.

The only problem with the HDX series is that they're having trouble with the new electron guns and the flicker problem that Sony (same guns) is having.

Jan

jonny h

Agent
Also of note is a bigger power supply and a better screen which also includes better anti-glare capability. I bought a 50HDX82 from Onecall.com for $2069.10 shipped, and it will be here on Tuesday. I bought it because of the reasons posted above as well as for the screen. My house does a great job with ambient light. Even rooms with no windows are bright, but it's hard to get the living room glare free during the day.

-Jonny H

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks