What's new

Toshiba 42H81 question (1 Viewer)

Rob Michaw

Stunt Coordinator
How does this set look on straight cable? I am interested in getting this set, but I will not be buying digital cable or satellite in the near future (have to pay this off first). I am in Canada, so terrestrial HDTV is out of the question. I will be able to get it eventually with satellite.
So, how does the set look in normal cable? How does the line doubler affect the picture?
Thanks.
------------------
---
rob michaw

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
I've had this set for two weeks and I'm hooked up to cable television. I've been extremely pleased with the picture quality. Toshiba's line doubler does an excellent job, IMHO. As with any TV, the "garbage in garbage out" theory applies. However, given some of the intense discussion on HTF about how "awful" cable TV reception is on this sets, I was prepared for the worst and therefore pleasantly surprised.
Just my $.02 (as always)...
Link Removed

Jeffrey Lowe

Auditioning
I agree with Matt. I've had mine for about 3 weeks and its working out fine. It's still not as clear as my 32" Toshiba was, but it's acceptable. It's worth it just for the DVDs, and I haven't even hooked up the dish yet for HD.
I think the bottom line is that none of the rptvs are as good as the direct views, but all of the direct views are smaller. It's the same reason why the old 13" set in your bedroom sems even sharper than the new 32" Sony Wega you just bought for the family room.
Bad signal * bigger size = disappointment
good signal * bigger size = much happiness
Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks