What's new

Toshiba 42H81 and Panasonic 47WX49 (1 Viewer)

Jeff Wakley

Auditioning
I'm currently considering both of these sets, but I'm curious about just how deep the top on them are, as far as setting a center channel up there is concerned. I've read a couple different reviews that have mildly groused about this. So, those of you who have either, how deep is it, exactly? I've got a BA VR12 which is nearly 9 inches deep that needs to rest up there.

Before you say it, yes I could run over to Best Buy and measure, but I just now thought about it, so I thought I'd just ask. Been reading here a while, and this seems like an easy enough way to get my first post over and done with.

Hehehe...

Thanks!

John DeLuca

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff, I have the Panasonic PT47wx49 and I'm resting a Polk CS350LS on top of it. The Polk is 10 1/2 inches deep and has no problem resting on top of the Panny. The Panny is about 6 1/2 inches deep but my Polk sits on top with no problem at all.

BradZ

Stunt Coordinator
both are stunning with HD and very good with DVD.

if you'll be watching any standard def 4:3 programming though, you really need to look at the stretch modes. I personnally find Panny's stretching un-watchable and tosh's very good. YMMV. as always- you've got to decide for yourself. If I was buying a set for HD and DVD only I'd save a little $$$ and get the bigger Panny- If it was my primary set for watching everything I'd have to go with the Tosh for it's better stretch mode.

good luck

DougRuss

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff,
Here's a link with all the Dimensions for that set.
I'm considering getting the "47wx49" myself and was concerned over the overall depth?
Dimensions

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks