Toshiba 40H80 - Scratched screen!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt_R, Dec 8, 2002.

1. Matt_R

Matt_R Stunt Coordinator

Hey guys,

Anyone know how much it costs for the Toshiba 40H80 screen? I took the protective covering off over a year ago and had a little accident. My center channel fell off the TV and made a nice scratch from top to bottom. I'm afraid at what this is going to cost...

Thanks

2. Chris Hesh

Chris Hesh Extra

I feel your pain. My step-dad's brand new widescreen got scratched by a dog-toy (that was thrown by the dog), I don't know if he's going to get it fixed or not, and I'd be afraid to see the bill if he did. The dog is thankful to be alive though.

3. Bill Slack

Bill Slack Supporting Actor

I know someone that recently bought a Toshiba screen (don't know what size, but a 40" should be the cheapest, obviously) and it was ~$180 plus $40 s/h (!) Not cheap, but not awful.

4. Matt_R

Matt_R Stunt Coordinator

5. Matt_R

Matt_R Stunt Coordinator

DOUBLE POST SORRY

6. Sujeet Patel

Sujeet Patel Stunt Coordinator

I just replaced the screen on my 55H70, and it was about $235 shipped, and the shipping was close to $60. I imagine yours would probably be in this ballpark. Go on Toshiba's website and find the parts supplier in your area and give them a call. They should be able to give you an answer relatively quick. Good luck!

7. Matt_R

Matt_R Stunt Coordinator

Yeah, that link doesn't work. I spoke to the parts supplier and it's only $92.00 plus $50 for shipping. Not too bad at all...

The only bad news it's on backorder from Toshiba - 10-15 business days. Hopefully I get it before xmas.