What's new

TOSHIBA 36HFX72 Pincushion problem (1 Viewer)

I posted a few weeks ago about this problem and was able to get some feedback into the service menu options. Trouble is, I haven't been able to make much progress. The "bowing" is definitely non-symmetric; the picture almost looks twisted or the black bars look non-parallel. Does anyone have further suggestions? Does anyone know of a step by step procedure thru the service menu? Toshiba service is zero help unless you are an authorized service man.

David Lorenzo

Stunt Coordinator
Can you explain further? Does this bowing affect the horizontal bars from the 16:9 compression mode? Or is it a problem with lines in the picture?

It's not a problem with lines in the picture. When I'm in 16x9 mode, the bottom bar "arches up" about 1/3 from the left side. The top bar has less pincushion but bows downward near the center. I haven't measured but it seems like the picture is wider on the right than on the left. The overall appearance looks kinda "twisted". I've played with the avia disk and the service mode settings but it's a real challenge, as you may know, trying to make adjustments because it seems like each tweak affects another parameter in some way. It's not a huge issue, but definitely annoying once you recognize it.

David Lorenzo

Stunt Coordinator
That would annoy the hell out of me. Maybe you should exchange you set for another or get it serviced my a technician. I have found that getting geometry perfect on a direct view flat screen is impossible. You have to adjust what really annoys you and live with the minor imperfections that are remaining.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks