1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

TOSHIBA 36HFX72 Pincushion problem

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Kirkpatric, Feb 5, 2003.

1. John Kirkpatric

I posted a few weeks ago about this problem and was able to get some feedback into the service menu options. Trouble is, I haven't been able to make much progress. The "bowing" is definitely non-symmetric; the picture almost looks twisted or the black bars look non-parallel. Does anyone have further suggestions? Does anyone know of a step by step procedure thru the service menu? Toshiba service is zero help unless you are an authorized service man.

2. David Lorenzo

David Lorenzo Stunt Coordinator

Can you explain further? Does this bowing affect the horizontal bars from the 16:9 compression mode? Or is it a problem with lines in the picture?

3. John Kirkpatric

It's not a problem with lines in the picture. When I'm in 16x9 mode, the bottom bar "arches up" about 1/3 from the left side. The top bar has less pincushion but bows downward near the center. I haven't measured but it seems like the picture is wider on the right than on the left. The overall appearance looks kinda "twisted". I've played with the avia disk and the service mode settings but it's a real challenge, as you may know, trying to make adjustments because it seems like each tweak affects another parameter in some way. It's not a huge issue, but definitely annoying once you recognize it.

4. David Lorenzo

David Lorenzo Stunt Coordinator

That would annoy the hell out of me. Maybe you should exchange you set for another or get it serviced my a technician. I have found that getting geometry perfect on a direct view flat screen is impossible. You have to adjust what really annoys you and live with the minor imperfections that are remaining.