toshiba 36HFX72 pincushion help

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Kirkpatric, Jan 11, 2003.

1. John Kirkpatric

Never noticed it until I got stupid and bought one of those video calibration DVD's. Is this a downfall of flatscreen technology or is there an adjustment? (nothing in the manual). The top and bottom "black bars" seem to be bowed quite a bit. Appreciate any suggestions.

2. JasonRH

JasonRH Second Unit

John,
    Geometry problems plague flat screen sets. It is possible to get one that is very good out of the box but it's sort of a crap shoot. That being said, there may be some service menu settings that can help reduce the bowing on your set but I don't have the info handy. A Toshiba tech may have the info you need and can probably tweak it for you. Give the service center a call.

3. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

Like Jason said you just ahve to adjust the geometry in the service menu, i know i had to do some adjustments to my 36HFX71, but now it looks great, though i do have a slight bowing.... but its not very noticable.

4. John Kirkpatric

Thanks for the reply but maybe I'm missing something. Is the Service Menu readily accessible? When I check all the menu's, the only option I have is "tilt". Is there a separate menu somewhere?

5. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

The service menu is just that, a special menu for a service technician.Technically speaking entering the service menu will void your warranty, but then as some people say how will they tell if you have entered your service menu?

I have some of the parameters and how to enter the service menu for the HFX71 model, e-mail me and i can send them to you, but there is no gurantee that they are the same for the 72 model.

also any work done in the service menu must be done VERY carefully

only mess with the parameters you know, and many many other guidelines. also write down where everythign was to begin with that way you can return to where you were if you mess up.

6. John Kirkpatric

7. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

I e-mailed it to you the other day, did you get it?

8. John Kirkpatric

Oops, I got them. Didn't think to check yahoo. Thanks.

9. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

No Problem John, like i said if you have any question just ask. I have a fair bit if experience with the geometry settings on my tv, although I am no where enar as experienced as alot of other people here [​IMG]