Toshiba 36ax61

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Phil L, Jan 23, 2002.

1. Phil L

Phil L Supporting Actor

Dec 27, 1998
    I'm in the process of getting a new tv. Probably a 36. I've looked on-line at features and price (I'd like to keep it around $800) and this looks pretty good to me.

Anybody have this? What are your thoughts? Are you happy with it?

I also need a stand for it. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
  2. Dennis_Frandsen

Dennis_Frandsen Auditioning

Sep 30, 2002
    I just bought one last night. This is just a replacement for the family room so I wasn't looking for a heavy-duty home-theater unit or anything. I just wanted a nice big day-to-day tv.
    I had it narrowed down to this one and the F36650 from RCA. They are very similar from what I could see, but the RCA was about $200 cheaper (Canadian dollars). The only difference in features that I noticed was that the RCA has that "Sound-Logic" system that tones down the loud commercials, etc. - the Toshiba doesn't have that.
    I chose the Toshiba because to me, the RCA screen looked noticeably more "rounded" than the Toshiba. It may just be the shape of the cabinet that makes it look rounder, but I found it very noticeable and it bugged me.
    Other than that, the picture is nice and clear. The blacks are very black and the image is nice and sharp. The sound from the tv speakers is suprisingly good too, in case you aren't hooking it up to a separate sound system.
    Good luck and let me know if you have any questions! [​IMG]