Toshiba 35AF44

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Chuck_W, Dec 11, 2004.

1. Chuck_W

Chuck_W Second Unit

Anyone have the Toshiba 35AF44 ? Looking for any info on how it performs.

Thanks...

2. Tyson Wetzel

Tyson Wetzel Stunt Coordinator

nice set, but unless you're planning on clinging on to SD till the end you might be better off with a 30 or 34HF84 widescreen HDTV, the 30 will be the same money and the 34 will be a couple hundred more

3. Chuck_W

Chuck_W Second Unit

Thanks Tyson. I guess I am still clinging to SD for awhile and looking for a larger screen for 4:3 viewing that will also give me a decent size for widescreen DVDs and a 16:9 squeeze mode.

4. Tyson Wetzel

Tyson Wetzel Stunt Coordinator

It's a nice set but I just hate to see people spend 800-900 on analog when you have a lot of HD options in that price range. Consider a 4:3 HD maybe, the 32" are a good value, there are lots to choose from for less than 800. The Panny, Sammy and Zenith are all pretty nice, however, I like the Zenith C32V46.

5. Chuck_W

Chuck_W Second Unit

I'll look into it (goin HDTV) Tyson. Don't know if a 32" is big enough though. Thanks for the help.

6. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

My rule of [​IMG] is, If your going to spend over $500 go HDTV & I would also add the $647 32" Sanyo that Wal-Mart has that has been getting some pretty good reviews over at AVS Forum. If you have to have a 36" set I would look to buy a used one because you can pickup some pretty nice ones for $500