Toshiba 34HDX82 display problems??

Discussion in 'Displays' started by MilesK, Mar 29, 2004.

1. MilesK

MilesK Auditioning

I have a Toshiba 34HDX82, love it so far, but I am seeing a slight distortion on the sides of the display, mainly the right side, a "bowing" or curve inward of the image. I've seen it on my Tivo, Xbox, and DVD Player but not all shows, games and movies have this problem.

Is this a problem with the set or is it not properly set up? Can I fix this from the service menu, the real one, not the user set up menu? Thoughts, gripes, praises?

Thanks!

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Geometry is off. Yes, it's fixable from the service menu.

3. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings

Generally, if geometry is off only on one side ... it is not fixable from the menu.

What limited geometry related parameters tend to be symmetrical in nature. The issue has to be on both sides for them to help. l/r or u/d

Beyond this ... that's just the way they are ... and it is simply a weakness of flat tube designs.

regards

4. Clayton Jr

Clayton Jr Extra

According to DVE, setting the contrast setting too high on your display can result in geometry errors.

I notice this on my Toshiba 34HFX83 only when I'm playing video games (for which I have the contrast turned up higher) and not when watching DVDs (where it's been calibrated using DVE).

You might try turning your contrast down and see if it helps. Even better, get a copy of DVE (Digital Video Essentials), follow its instructions, and use the provided test-patterns to see if this corrects the problem.