What's new

Toshiba 32hfx71, comments? (1 Viewer)

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I came across a great deal for this TV. The deal is so good, I suspect it's a last year's model?

Also, it says it has "Cinema Mode DVD Movie Enhancer". I assume this is a "squeezed" mode for viewing anamorphic DVDs?

Oh yeah, 32". Do you like it? Thanks.

JasonRH

Second Unit
The HFX71 is last years model and there are a few differences.I have the HFX-72 and it displys all non-HD material as 480P, as opposed to the model you are describing, which displays it as 540P. Also, the newer model allows you to disable SVM in the user menu. There may be some other small differences as well. I'm very happy with my set and would recommend it without reservation, as long as you get one that has good geometry and convergence, and no glaring color purity problems. I auditioned the HFX-71 last year and found them all to have very poor geometry and convergence but they seem to have improved a lot this year. Good luck.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Jason- Excellent! So the 72 can display "normal" TV programming of 480i as 480p? (I can imagine that even though 540p "sounds" better than 480i, I bet there might be issues with that conversion rather than just a straight 480i to 480p...)

One other thing I found: the 71 weighs about 157 lbs, the 72 is maybe 10 lbs or so lighter, which is good...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks