What's new

Toshiba 32AF44 vs. JVC AV32F475......which one to get? (1 Viewer)

eiker_ir

Auditioning
hey, i've looking various sites and this 2 models seem pretty good and at better prices that the Sony's. So which do you guys think is the best of the 2? also if you know any similar sets that would be good recommend them to me.

you can check both TVs on Amazon since i'm not allowed to post links.

Toshiba 32AF44
JVC AV32F475

:D

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Myself I like the JVC better but mostly because of the Cabinet itself. The only real difference is the Toshiba does have a "Video Output" the JVC doesn't but it has a better Audio Amp. Better Sepakers & the SVM can be turned ON/OFF. If your not going to hook the set to a Receiver go with the JVC. I would really look for the little features on each set that you might like better like the Remote Controls & etc. You can Download both sets Owners Manuals from their websites & check out each sets features but you really can't go wrong with either one of these sets. Thses are the 2 sets I would stick with only because I think the Sony's are over-priced. The Panasonic 32" is also nice but it doesn't have the 16:9 DVD mode & that would make it a deal breaker for me.

eiker_ir

Auditioning
thanksm i don't really care much about the speaker because i would connect it to a receiver, both have pretty much what i want in terms of features (basically 16:9 mode, component output). So the best picture quality between the two would be the tie breaker.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Both sets calibrate well, but believe it or not, the JVC's theater mode is usually much more accurate than the modes found on the Toshiba.

Regards

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Plus you can turn "Off" the SVM feature on the JVC. But again I still think it's a toss up but Michael does know his stuff ;) & most of the people I know went with the JVC but it was mostly because of the "Better Half's" liking the JVC's design better :D But the JVC is a Very Wide Set so check that out too if you might have a problem with size. Also in my area, CT, people were able to get the JVC for under $500 & the Toshiba was running around $50 more. Good Luck & let us known which one you go with & what you think of it.

eiker_ir

Auditioning
i saw another JVC model at BestBuy.com today and it's like 30$ cheaper than the other one. But anyone knows if it has the 16:9 mode?

the model is JVC AV32WF3

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks