What's new

Toshiba 32A62 VS Apex GT-3215 (1 Viewer)

BlakeN

Stunt Coordinator
Heya I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on these 2 tvs. They are both selling for 599 in my area which is about right with my current budget. This is going to be a "living area" tv but until I can move into a house and start on my dedicated theater it will also be my main movie screen as well. I don't care about pip or really any "extras". What i mostly would like to know about is the quality of Apex (which I honestly have never had any experience with). I will probably make my way to the local American and check out the actual picture quality tomorrow.

Thanks guys.

BlakeN

Stunt Coordinator
If anyone has any experience with digital apex please respond. I just want to know if the company has any known issues.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Blake,

Most folks around here are a bit reluctant to comment on sets they haven't owned, and very few around here own Apex sets anymore.

When they first hit the market, there were some threads about them here. The general findings were that very few of them worked properly for very long. I seem to recall several people who took home multiple examples before getting one that worked out of the box.

Apex is a new-to-the-US Chinese mfg of very low end stuff with about the worst reputation for reliability.

Toshiba is a well-known and well respected brand, with a good track record for reliability.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks