What's new

Toshiba 32A60 Manual Squeeze Makes Wavy Bands (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I adjusted my TV to do the "anamorphic squeeze" via the service menu and while I notice an improvement in resolution, I'm also getting wavy bands that become worse as I decrease the height. They pretty much go away when I bottom out on the setting, but then it's pretty far past the intended aspect ratio. The bands are most noticeable during brightly lit scenes and can be easily seen in the generic blue screen of my player's stop mode. Is there any setting to get rid of the bands or is this one of the trade offs of the squeeze trick? I tried changing each of the service menu items but none seemed to make a difference.

Luis Gabriel Gerena

Second Unit
Since I had the previou model I can tell you that the only way I managed to ease the problem was by reducing it as much as posible...never find a cure and believe me I tried everything in all Service and Factory settings. Yet by going a little bit bigger (height) than what the OAR the lines were almost gone. BTW when you go all the way near zero the image looks really sharp like HDTV doesn't it?
At the end the increase resolution was more than worth it since you get used to the slightly unsqueezed image.
Regards

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Thanks. I will try minimizing the bands and leave it that way for awhile to decide whether the extra resolution is it worth it to me.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
BUMP.

I'm curious whether other Toshiba owners have experienced this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks