Toshiba 27AF44 Screech in Right Channel

Discussion in 'Displays' started by RobSB, Aug 22, 2004.

1. RobSB

RobSB Agent

Just hooked up a Toshiba 27AF44 for my parents. When viewing from the DirecTiVo, there is a screech in the right channel. This does not occur from the antenna. However, the DirecTiVo works with the TV that this just replaced, an old Sony. Any ideas? Any way to contact Toshiba technical support?

2. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

Off hand I don't have their number but look in your Toshiba's Owners Manual & maybe there is a phone number listed? If not the easiest way I've always found them was to call my local authorized repair shop, which you can find on Toshiba's website, & have them give me the number which they are usually more that happy to do. You don't say exactly how the Tivo is hooked up but if you are using the Audio Input Jacks make sure the jacks are plugged in all the way & that also the cable is working because you just might have broken some wires or the jack itself when unhooking the original setup. I can't cout how may times that has happened to me. If your using an RF Antenna Cable try a new one of those too. The other answer is, return the set for another one if it's not going to be a pain for you. Maybe someone will chime in with the answer or Toshiba's Tech Support phone number. I wiil give you some Toshiba numbers but I don't know how up to date they are?
    REGIONAL OFFICES
    NORTHEAST: 201-628-8000 in Wayne, NJ (HEADQUARTERS)
    WEST: 213-770-3300 in Torrance, CA
    MIDWEST: 312-541-9400 in Buffalo Grove, IL
    SOUTHWEST & SOUTHEAST: 214-484-5808 in Carrollton, TX
    ATLANTA BRANCH: 404-263-0369 in Atlanta, GA
    Don't have any 800 Numbers for them though?

3. Tyson Wetzel

Tyson Wetzel Stunt Coordinator

Connect another audio device to the same input with a different cord. Since the sound isn't there with the tuner, the problem is not the speaker or amplifier, which leaves the input, cord, and source as possible problems.