Toshiba 27AF41 to buy or not to buy?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by IanHummel, Apr 1, 2002.

1. IanHummel

IanHummel Auditioning

I'm looking to purchase the Toshiba 27AF41 set. With my discount, I can get it for around $430-$450, at this price point should I go ahead and pick it up? Does anyone have this set or have any experience with it? I don't want to get too big, I figure 27" is just perfect for me right now. It's going to be hooked up to my Sony DVD player with the Component cables and will also accompamy my Onkyo receiver and surround sound system. It's going to be going into my apartment bedroom, so like I said I really didn't think I needed much bigger at all. Any other sets at that price point that would be better? There's a Sharp for around $500 and a Samsung for about $480, but I've heard great things about Toshiba. Any input would be a great help!

Thanks!

Ian

2. peter_anderson

peter_anderson Stunt Coordinator

i haven't bought any flat-screens, but the Toshiba curved screen 27" models are regarded by most to be the best in their league. it is not a large jump to assume Toshiba would also apply the same design ethics to their flat-screens. for reliability, i would go with Toshiba or Sony.

3. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

I just bought the 20" version of that this weekend and love it.